2018 SUMMER EMPLOYMENT – Daycamp Leaders
Ray-Cam Centre is seeking experienced daycamp leaders to assist in planning and leading a fun-filled, energetic daycamp programs for children between the ages of 6 to 12 living in the downtown eastside of Vancouver.
Wage: Program Assistant I – $19.65 per hour plus 12% in lieu of benefits
Date: June 25 to August 24, 2018 (subject to change pending grant)
Days: Monday to Friday 9:30am – 5:30pm ; 35 hours per week
- Working with the project manager you will assist in organizing and leading daily age appropriate activities based on theme weeks.
- Actively participating in day camp activities with children such as crafts, swimming, sports, games and outtrips.
- Be a positive role model at all times.
- Provide a safe, co-operative, and fun environment.
- To follow established centre procedures and protocols to ensure safety of program participants and staff.
- Adapt programs to meet the daily challenges of working with children who require extra supports.
- Deal effectively with challenging behaviours and foster positive social interactions.
- Build positive relationships with children, parents and co-workers. To liaise and communicate with parents/caregivers and community centre staff.
- Other duties will include preparation of daily snack, management of petty cash, light administrative duties,Qualifications:
- In compliance with HRSDC guidelines, all applicants must be registered as a full-time student during the current academic year and intends to return to school on a full-time basis during the next academic year; between the ages of 15-30 yrs; Canadian Citizens and legally entitled to work in Canada.
- Previous experience working with a large group of children in a daycamp, after school care setting or recreational setting.
- The ability to plan age appropriate activities plus actively leading a wide range of activities.
- Strong leadership and planning skills.
- Ability to be flexible in adapting activities to suit individual and group dynamics.
- Post secondary education in a related field.
- Ability and experience working in a multi-ethnic, special needs and socially diverse community.
- Ability and experience dealing with challenging behaviours and to set appropriate consequences.
- Must enjoy swimming with children/youth & willingness to go into the water; strong swimming abilities would be an asset.
- Excellent problem solving skills, communication and interaction skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team atmosphere.
- Current 1st Aid Certificate/CPR certification is required
- Class 4 Drivers License, 2nd Language, Bronze Medallion or swimming certificates are assets
Deadline for cover letter & resumes April 3, 2018
Subject line: Summer Jobs (Daycamp Leaders)
FAX: 604-257- 6944
Successful applicant will be required to complete a criminal records search prior to the program start date. We thank all applicants, only those short listed will be contacted